Remember: In order to receive your bonus points for the fair play award, your Referee Evaluations must be submitted within 14 days of the game.
Referee Evaluations are a valuable tool for the league to gauge the performance of the referees during your games.
At the end of each season, the Referee Management Operations Committee (RMOC) reviews the referee evaluations to help determine which referees should be promoted and which require mentoring. Written comments are extremely valuable as it helps determine what the referees' strengths and weaknesses are.
Referee evaluation submissions are generally only reviewed at the end of the season.
RMOC is an operational, joint panel of the Calgary soccer associations (CWSA, CMSA and CUSA)
The mandate of RMOC is to:
• Support the development of referees in Calgary
• Set game ratings and referee ratings for all referees assigned by the Calgary Referee Scheduler
• Set referee payment rates, subject to the approval of the Leagues, and facilitate remuneration of referees
• Schedule referees
• Establish, manage, and monitor the contacts of the Referee Scheduler and Referee Payments Coordinator
• Recommend to ASA appointments for the Referee Development Committee
• Recommend to ASA appointments for regional or national training
The Team Fair Play Award is intended to foster the spirit of fair play, reduce disciplinary issues and to promote healthy competition that is not linked to the outcome of the game during an official CWSA league match. For each game, the assigned Referee will determine a fair play score for each team based on the sportsmanship exhibited with a maximum of 10 points. “The team” includes all players, coaches and team officials on the roster. This policy applies to all. AMSL teams are excluded from the Fair Play policy.
From the total awarded by the Referee, teams will lose:
Forfeiture of Fair Play Points
Teams will forfeit their Fair Play points for a game for any of the following reasons:
A team may earn additional points: